- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Comedy Central launches Discover Comedy Central on Snapchat
MUMBAI: US media conglomerate Viacom’s channel Comedy Central has launched Discover Comedy Central on Snapchat as one of eleven select media partners, and the only comedy brand, at the launch of Snapchat’s Discover. Discover Comedy Central on Snapchat will provide a new avenue to be creative, build the Comedy Central brand, and reach new audiences by telling and sharing stories on a daily basis.
Comedy Central president Michele Ganeless said, “Discover Comedy Central on Snapchat provides Snapchat’s audience with a window into the best Comedy Central programming every day. It is another example of how we give new and existing fans the ability to access our premium content wherever and whenever they want it”.
Discover Comedy Central on Snapchat will provide five-six stories for each new edition, curated and produced by Comedy Central’s editorial team and updated daily. Stories will be created from existing franchises of the #1 brand in comedy including late-night series “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,” “The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore,” and “@midnight with Chris Hardwick,” along with primetime series such as “Broad City,” “Inside Amy Schumer,” “Key & Peele,” “Kroll Show,” “Workaholics,” and more.
The broadcaster adds that the new platform solidifies its place as the leading comedy brand in digital where it boasts over 140 million fans for its collective franchises across digital and social platforms, with fans engagement registering over one million engagements on average per month.