- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
CNN Indonesia starts broadcasting
MUMBAI: CNN Indonesia, a co-venture with Indonesian media group Transmedia, has started broadcasting from its new Transmedia broadcast centre in Jakarta.
The start of CNN Indonesia TV, a localised version of Turner’s global news channel, follows the launch of CNNIndonesia.com in October last year. The digital platform is an integral component of the CNN Indonesia brand with the ability to reach Indonesians at home and abroad.
CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker said, “To be able to extend our footprint locally and reach millions of Indonesians is hugely exciting and humbling. We are confident Transmedia will deliver first-class content that appeals to Indonesians all across the country.”
Turner Broadcasting International president, Gerhard Zeiler, said: “Turner is committed to Indonesia and committed to growth and development in the Asia-Pacific region. We welcome CNN Indonesia to the family and look forward to a long and successful partnership.”
CNN Indonesia is part of a strategic effort by CNN International Commercial’s content sales and partnerships group. Its core business is to explore ways to reach more consumers locally, regionally and internationally by partnering with other leading media organisations.