- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
CNN Digital hires new head of CNN Digital Asia
MUMBAI: CNN Digital has appointed Marc Lourdes as director, CNN Digital Asia. Lourdes begins his new role effective immediately.
Based in Hong Kong, Lourdes will lead CNN Digital’s Asia team across editorial content and multiplatform programming for CNN’s global audience during that timezone.
Lourdes will work closely with CNN’s digital teams in London, Abu Dhabi, New York and Atlanta and as the digital leader in Asia-Pacific, will be responsible for devising and implementing strategies to grow key audiences in the region.
Lourdes’ appointment comes just weeks after CNN announced a major digital expansion. CNN is significantly increasing its global footprint by creating an additional 200 jobs plus enhancing its products and technologies, with a specific focus on mobile and video.
This unprecedented growth follows other recent digital investments including the global expansion of CNNMoney, the amplification of CNN Politics, the launch of CNN Style, and the creation of the socially distributed video network Great Big Story.
Before joining CNN, Lourdes worked at Yahoo! for five years, most recently as editor-in-chief in Singapore. He also spent more than a decade as a journalist, working at publications like The Star and New Straits Times in Malaysia.
CNN Digital, International VP and managing editor Andrew Demaria said, “With his combination of editorial excellence, regional experience and industry acumen, Marc is a perfect fit for CNN. His experience in co-developing news apps, growing social media traffic, and working with teams to drive new opportunities will help us realize our vision for the Asia-Pacific region.”