- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Cinépolis to host Viacom18 film festival across five cities
MUMBAI: Cinépolis India will exclusively showcase a Viacom18 film festival across five cities in India.
Scheduled from June 11 to June 17, the week-long festival will bring back memories of handpicked Bollywood movies like ‘Kahaani’ and ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ across five cities in Cinépolis Andheri in Mumbai, Cinépolis Viviana Mall in Thane, Cinépolis Seasons Mall in Pune, Cinépolis Royal Meenakshi Mall in Bangalore and Cinépolis Shahdara in Delhi.
Cinépolis India has exclusively partnered with Viacom18 for the upcoming film festival to celebrate five years of the company’s motion pictures existence.
The festival will begin with ‘Kahaani’ on day one at all megaplexes and conclude with ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ 1 & 2 on the seventh day. Tickets for the festival will be available at all respective cinemas at their lowest price points.
A mix of other inspiring, intense and entertaining movies such as ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, ‘Special 26’, ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’, ‘Manjhi The Mountainman’ and ‘Queen’ will be screened at all multiplexes.
Sharing his views on this strategic partnership, Cinépolis India’s director – strategy Devang Sampat said, “Cinépolis India has always been at the forefront of promoting a seamless cinema experience for its viewership in India. In our endeavour to offer our consumers and movie enthusiasts their favourite Bollywood movies in theatres once again, we have associated with Viacom18 to showcase the best of their movies. We are confident that our patrons will enjoy this experience”.
Cinépolis is the fastest-growing multiplex chain in India, having reached more than 100 screens organically in less than five years. It currently operates in 39 cities across India and has a total of 240 screens running at present. The company has aggressive plans of rolling out 400 screens by 2017.