- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Cinépolis to host Russian film festival in India
MUMBAI: Movie theatre chain Cinépolis has exclusively tied up with Russian Embassy to host Russian film festival for the first time ever in India. Cinépolis is planning to host the festival every year going forward.
Starting 16 November, the three-day festival will be held at Cinépolis Andheri property in Mumbai. The fest will offer an opportunity to its patrons to watch movies from different genres such as contemporary action flicks, comedy and mystical thrillers.
The cinema chain will feature movies such as ‘The Crew’, ‘Queen of Spades’, ‘The Women’, ‘Good Boy’, ‘Versus’, ‘Friday‘ and ‘Icebreaker’.
The fest will also witness the presence of Russian theatre and cinema actors such as Katerina Shpitsa, Elena Zakharova, Ieva Andrejevaite, Olga Filimonova, Aleksandr Pal, Aleksey Chadov, Sergey Chirkov, and producers Vasily Solovyov and Igor Tolstunov.
The festival will open with the screening of ‘The Crew’ and ‘Queen of Spades’ on 16 November at 5:30 pm and 8 pm, and will culminate with the screening of ‘Friday’ and ‘Icebreaker’ on 18 November .
On 17 November, Cinépolis will showcase ‘The Woman’, ‘Good Boy’ and ‘Versus’ at 3 pm, 5:30 pm and 8 pm respectively.
The entry for the Russian film festival will be free for the patrons and is based on first-come, first-serve basis. Cinépolis is also providing free passes to 15 Cinépolis Club members to attend the movie screenings.