- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Cinépolis launches its first international multiplex in Delhi
MUMBAI: Cinépolis India, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cinépolis, today announced the launch of their first International multiplex in Delhi. This will be the brands’ first multiplex with Cinépolis Design ID and will be equipped with 659 seats along with advanced Real D 3D technology.
With the launch of the new multiplex, Cinépolis’ screen count now stands at 240. Said Cinépolis India managing director Javier Sotomayor, “Committed to our brand promise and focus to offer unique cinema viewing experience to the Delhi audience, we are delighted to introduce our first property replete with international Cinépolis state of the art technology. We aim to provide a superlative cinema viewing experience to the entire gamut of our discerning Delhi patrons.”
Ashish Shukla, director of expansion at Cinépolis, said: “Cinépolis @ Unity One, is the first of our Ebony design concepts. It’s premium, it’s luxurious and brings the best in cinema experience. This will expand our NCR circuit from current 13 screens to 17 screens. The current 13 was part of our Fun Cinemas circuit, which we amalgamated last year. We have 75+ screen planned to be open in the NCR region in a couple of years.”
Cinépolis India business head – strategy Devang Sampat said, “Our theatres are equipped with the best sound and projection to provide the most intimate atmosphere for the movie buffs. We have the world’s best Real D 3-D technology for best 3D movie experience. Cinépolis is also launching Club Cinépolis, the company’s flagship loyalty program that would further enhance customer experience. Our food offering also include freshly prepared gourmet food at our signature outlet, Coffee Tree.”
Cinépolis India started its operations in India in 2009 at Amritsar and currently operates 240 screens under the brand names of Cinépolis, cinépolisvip and Fun Cinemas.