- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Cinépolis India to host 3D film festival
MUMBAI: Cinépolis India will exclusively showcase 3D film festival across 27 cities in India over a 14-day period.
Scheduled from 19 August to 1 September, the festival will bring to its viewers best of 3D Hollywood movies such as ‘Jungle Book’, ‘Star Wars’ and more across 44 cinemas.
Organised by Cinépolis every year since 2012, this will be the fifth edition of the film festival.
The festival, which opens with ‘Jungle Book’ film, would run across all the Cinépolis and Fun brands across 44 cinemas. Cinépolis will showcase other 3D masterpieces such as ‘Kung Fu Panda’, ‘Captain America’ and more. These movies have already had a theatrical run, but will be a novelty for the audience who missed watching these 3D marvels.
The 14 day film festival, spread out over 27 cities will feature films projected in RealD 3D-enabled display screens 3 – 4 times daily, across 27 cities. The tickets for the festival will be available at all the respective cinemas and online at cinepolisindia.com at their lowest price points.
Sharing his views on this strategic partnership, Devang Sampat, Director – Strategic Initiatives, Cinépolis India, said: “We are glad to announce the association of Cinépolis with RealD 3D. 3D-movies continue its explosive growth in the Indian market and we are excited to offer our consumers and movie enthusiasts the best of movie watching experience. The film festival celebrates the latest in film technology with blockbusters which will leave the audience awestruck. We are confident that our patrons will enjoy this experience.”
Cinépolis currently operates in 40 cities across India. It has a total of 258 screens running at present. The company has aggressive plans of rolling out 400 screens by 2017.