- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Chris Gayle invests in Indian gaming company
MUMBAI: West Indies opening batsman Chris Gayle is looking at India as an investment destination. The popular player has invested an undisclosed amount in Iona Entertainment to bring one-stop entertainment to Indian sports fans, which includes state-of-the-art virtual gaming.
Gayle told reporters he is a family man and loved to be associated with Iona, which is a family-oriented firm with potential to grow into a big business.
With India being his top priority in terms of investment destinations, he said he wanted to invest in as many businesses as possible.
Iona has one 70,000 square-feet gaming venue at Virginia Mall in Bengaluru.
Iona, which had raised an initial round of funding from Singapore-based Vestasia, has firmed up a Rs 200-crore expansion plan in the first phase.
Iona plans to set up five more gaming zones in different parts of the country by the end of the year. The company also intends to have two centres abroad.