- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Chris Evans to host BBC’s motoring show ‘Top Gear’
MUMBAI: BBC has announced that Chris Evans has signed a three-year deal to lead an all-new ‘Top Gear’ line-up. The previous host Jeremy Clarkson had been sacked.
Evans said, “I’m thrilled, ‘Top Gear’ is my favourite programme of all time. Created by a host of brilliant minds who love cars and understand how to make the massively complicated come across as fun, devil-may-care and effortless. When in fact of course, it’s anything but and that’s the genius of Top Gear’s global success. I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward.”
BBC Two, BBC Four controller Kim Shillinglaw said, “I am so delighted that Chris will be presenting the next series of ‘Top Gear’. His knowledge of and passion for cars are well-known and combined with his sheer inventiveness and cheeky unpredictability he is the perfect choice to take our much-loved show into the future. Chris is a huge fan of Top Gear and has great respect for the craft and work ethic of one of the best production teams in the world. He knows the phenomenal attention to detail it takes to make a single sequence of Top Gear, let alone a whole series. He is already full of brilliant ideas and I can’t wait for him to get started.”
Production on the new season of ‘Top Gear’ will start in the next few weeks and more information will be announced in due course.
‘Top Gear’ is made by BBC Productions.