- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Chetan Bhagat enters film production biz, unveils logo of company
MUMBAI: Indian author, columnist and screenwriter Chetan Bhagat is venturing into film production business and has unveiled the logo of his new production company, Chetan Bhagat Entertainment Pvt Ltd.
Bhagat has unveiled the logo exclusively on UC News, a news and content aggregation platform from Alibaba Mobile Business Group.
In a letter to his fans, which was shared on UC News, Bhagat traced his journey ‘From a little boy to a best-selling author to a Producer’.
Bhagat wrote, “Today is a big moment in my life…None of this would have happened if it were not for you guys…You guys made me who I am, kept my izzat, and continue to support me.”
Late last year, UCWeb worked with Bhagat for the launch of his bestseller ‘One Indian Girl’.
Bhagat is entering into film production with his upcoming film ‘Half Girlfriend’. He is co-producing the film with Balaji Telefilms. The film is an adaptation of Bhagat’s popular novel of the same name.
Apart from ‘Half Girlfriend’, four of his novels have inspired Bollywood films, which include hit films like ‘3 Idiots’, ‘Kai Po Che!’, ‘2 States’ and ‘Hello’.
Bhagat is the author of bestselling novels such as ‘Five Point Someone’ (2004), ‘One Night @ the Call Center’ (2005), ‘The 3 Mistakes of My Life’ (2008), ‘2 States’ (2009), ‘Revolution 2020’ (2011), ‘What Young India Wants’ (2012), ‘Half Girlfriend’ (2014), ‘Making India Awesome’ (2015) and ‘One Indian Girl’ (2016).