- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Chetan Bhagat enters film production biz, unveils logo of company
MUMBAI: Indian author, columnist and screenwriter Chetan Bhagat is venturing into film production business and has unveiled the logo of his new production company, Chetan Bhagat Entertainment Pvt Ltd.
Bhagat has unveiled the logo exclusively on UC News, a news and content aggregation platform from Alibaba Mobile Business Group.
In a letter to his fans, which was shared on UC News, Bhagat traced his journey ‘From a little boy to a best-selling author to a Producer’.
Bhagat wrote, “Today is a big moment in my life…None of this would have happened if it were not for you guys…You guys made me who I am, kept my izzat, and continue to support me.”
Late last year, UCWeb worked with Bhagat for the launch of his bestseller ‘One Indian Girl’.
Bhagat is entering into film production with his upcoming film ‘Half Girlfriend’. He is co-producing the film with Balaji Telefilms. The film is an adaptation of Bhagat’s popular novel of the same name.
Apart from ‘Half Girlfriend’, four of his novels have inspired Bollywood films, which include hit films like ‘3 Idiots’, ‘Kai Po Che!’, ‘2 States’ and ‘Hello’.
Bhagat is the author of bestselling novels such as ‘Five Point Someone’ (2004), ‘One Night @ the Call Center’ (2005), ‘The 3 Mistakes of My Life’ (2008), ‘2 States’ (2009), ‘Revolution 2020’ (2011), ‘What Young India Wants’ (2012), ‘Half Girlfriend’ (2014), ‘Making India Awesome’ (2015) and ‘One Indian Girl’ (2016).