- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
CBS renews 18 shows for 2017-2017 season
MUMBAI: US broadcaster CBS has announced early renewals of 18 returning series for the 2017-2018 season, displaying the programming depth and stability of America’s most-watched network. Additional returning series pick-ups for next season will be announced at a later date.
The shows renewed to date include six comedies, nine dramas, one reality series, two newsmagazines and a roster of programmes across every night of the week. They also include the comedy ‘The Big Bang Theory’; the drama ‘NCIS’; the new series ‘Bull’; the new comedy ‘Kevin Can Wait’ and the newsmagazine ‘60 Minutes’.
In addition, five freshman shows are part of the network’s early renewals – ‘Bull, Kevin Can Wait’, ‘Macgyver’, ‘Man With A Plan’ and ‘Superior Donuts’.
CBS expects to finish the current season as America’s most-watched network for the 14th time in 15 years. The network will announce its new fall 2017-2018 schedule on 17 May at Carnegie Hall in New York City.