- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
CBS orders new show ‘Braindead’
MUMBAI: US broadcaster CBS has given a straight-to-series order for 13 episodes of ‘BrainDead’.
This is a one-hour comic-thriller from Robert and Michelle King, acclaimed creators and executive producers of ‘The Good Wife’. The series will be broadcast in summer 2016.
‘BrainDead’ is the first project from Robert and Michelle King as part of their new three-year producing deal with CBS Television Studios.
The show follows a young fresh-faced Hill staffer getting her first job in Washington, D.C. and discovering two things: the government has stopped working; and alien spawn have come to earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of Congressmen and Hill staffers.
Executive producers Robert and Michelle King said, “We wanted to do a show that was a mix of genre-pulp and high-brow politics – ‘The Strain’ crossed with ‘The West Wing. It seemed like the best way to address the news today – not straight, but as the opening act of a horror movie.”
CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler said, “Robert and Michelle have developed an intriguingly original concept with layers of humor, suspense and the supernatural. We look forward to launching it to US viewers and a worldwide audience next summer.”