- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
CBS orders new show ‘Braindead’
MUMBAI: US broadcaster CBS has given a straight-to-series order for 13 episodes of ‘BrainDead’.
This is a one-hour comic-thriller from Robert and Michelle King, acclaimed creators and executive producers of ‘The Good Wife’. The series will be broadcast in summer 2016.
‘BrainDead’ is the first project from Robert and Michelle King as part of their new three-year producing deal with CBS Television Studios.
The show follows a young fresh-faced Hill staffer getting her first job in Washington, D.C. and discovering two things: the government has stopped working; and alien spawn have come to earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of Congressmen and Hill staffers.
Executive producers Robert and Michelle King said, “We wanted to do a show that was a mix of genre-pulp and high-brow politics – ‘The Strain’ crossed with ‘The West Wing. It seemed like the best way to address the news today – not straight, but as the opening act of a horror movie.”
CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler said, “Robert and Michelle have developed an intriguingly original concept with layers of humor, suspense and the supernatural. We look forward to launching it to US viewers and a worldwide audience next summer.”