- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
CBS orders new show ‘Braindead’
MUMBAI: US broadcaster CBS has given a straight-to-series order for 13 episodes of ‘BrainDead’.
This is a one-hour comic-thriller from Robert and Michelle King, acclaimed creators and executive producers of ‘The Good Wife’. The series will be broadcast in summer 2016.
‘BrainDead’ is the first project from Robert and Michelle King as part of their new three-year producing deal with CBS Television Studios.
The show follows a young fresh-faced Hill staffer getting her first job in Washington, D.C. and discovering two things: the government has stopped working; and alien spawn have come to earth and eaten the brains of a growing number of Congressmen and Hill staffers.
Executive producers Robert and Michelle King said, “We wanted to do a show that was a mix of genre-pulp and high-brow politics – ‘The Strain’ crossed with ‘The West Wing. It seemed like the best way to address the news today – not straight, but as the opening act of a horror movie.”
CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler said, “Robert and Michelle have developed an intriguingly original concept with layers of humor, suspense and the supernatural. We look forward to launching it to US viewers and a worldwide audience next summer.”