- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
CBS orders drama series ‘Zoo’ based on James Patterson’s novel
MUMBAI: US broadcaster CBS has given a straight-to-series order for 13 episodes of Zoo, a drama based on the bestselling novel of the same name by James Patterson, for broadcast in summer 2015.
Jeff Pinkner, Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec and Scott Rosenberg wrote the script and are executive producers with James Mangold, Cathy Konrad, James Patterson, Bill Robinson, Leopoldo Gout and Steve Bowen.
‘Zoo‘ is a global thriller about a wave of violent animal attacks against humans across the planet. As the assaults become more cunning, coordinated and ferocious, a young renegade biologist is thrust into the race to unlock the pandemic’s mystery before there’s no place left for people to hide.
The book was originally published in September 2012 by Little, Brown and Company and was a No. 1 New York Times bestseller. It’s been translated into six languages and has sold more than four million copies worldwide.
CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler said, “ ‘Zoo’ further demonstrates our commitment to high-quality, year-round programming and to high-concept series that play to summer audiences in the U.S. as well as on a global scale. With this #1 bestseller coming to television, we’re excited to give our viewers a thrill ride with another blockbuster summer event.”
‘Zoo’ is a CBS Television Studios production. The series will be distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and worldwide by CBS Studios International.