- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Cadbury India renamed as Mondelez India Foods
MUMBAI: The multinational confectionery company, Cadbury India Limited, has been renamed as Mondelez India Foods Limited after its parent company Mondelēz International Inc. However, the change in the name of the company will have no impact on the names of their brands.
The change comes on the back of the company’s renewed focus on creating delicious moments of joy that is encapsulated in its name ‘monde’ for world and ‘delez’ for delicious. It is also in line with the gradual changeover of the name of all subsidiaries of Mondelēz International globally.
Mondelez India Foods Limited managing director Manu Anand said, “With the change in name of the company to Mondelez India Foods Limited, we conclude the process of transition that began over two years ago. We are today the pre-eminent and most loved food company in India with leadership in fast growing categories, strong route to market, robust innovation pipeline and world class talent and facilities. We view this change as yet another milestone in this exciting journey of success and leadership.”
However, the change in name will have no impact on the names or packaging of its popular products like Cadbury Dairy Milk, 5 Star, Gems, Bournville, Perk, Celebrations, Choclairs, Halls, Bournvita, Tang and Oreo, which will continue to be sold under the same brand names as before.
The only change consumers will experience is the new name of the company that will appear on the back of the pack of the products.