- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Cadbury India renamed as Mondelez India Foods
MUMBAI: The multinational confectionery company, Cadbury India Limited, has been renamed as Mondelez India Foods Limited after its parent company Mondelēz International Inc. However, the change in the name of the company will have no impact on the names of their brands.
The change comes on the back of the company’s renewed focus on creating delicious moments of joy that is encapsulated in its name ‘monde’ for world and ‘delez’ for delicious. It is also in line with the gradual changeover of the name of all subsidiaries of Mondelēz International globally.
Mondelez India Foods Limited managing director Manu Anand said, “With the change in name of the company to Mondelez India Foods Limited, we conclude the process of transition that began over two years ago. We are today the pre-eminent and most loved food company in India with leadership in fast growing categories, strong route to market, robust innovation pipeline and world class talent and facilities. We view this change as yet another milestone in this exciting journey of success and leadership.”
However, the change in name will have no impact on the names or packaging of its popular products like Cadbury Dairy Milk, 5 Star, Gems, Bournville, Perk, Celebrations, Choclairs, Halls, Bournvita, Tang and Oreo, which will continue to be sold under the same brand names as before.
The only change consumers will experience is the new name of the company that will appear on the back of the pack of the products.