- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
BSNL counters Jio, offers 10GB data per day at Rs 249
MUMBAI: Countering Reliance Jio, state-run telecom major Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has announced a wired broadband plan that not only offers its users an impressive internet plan but also voice-based telephone packs.
The unlimited wireline broadband plan allows BSNL customers to enjoy 10GB of data daily at 2Mbps connectivity speed for just Rs 249 per month. The offer is valid only for new customers and is available until 30 June 2017. BSNL announced this plan on the social media site Twitter.
Apart from internet, the plan also offers users unlimited calling on all Sundays and unlimited night calling from 9 pm to 7 am. The user can make unlimited calls not just on a BSNL network but on any telecom network operating within India.
Last month, BSNL announced a plan which offers its customers 2GB of 3G data per day with unlimited calling within its network for Rs 339. Under this scheme, users got 25 minutes of free call to other networks every day and after that they were charged 25 paisa for a minute-long phone call.
The telecom industry is busy rolling out new offers and plans due to increasing competition. Recently, internet service provider ACT Fibernet also launched 1Gbps wired broadband internet service for the city of Hyderabad, with plans to expand the service to the 11 cities where it has presence. Reliance JIO has also rolled out the beta phase of Jio Giga Fiber with speeds of 100Mbps.