- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Broadband subscribers grew 2.98% to 261.31 mn in Feb
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 2.98% in February to 261.31 million from 253.75 million at the end of January, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 86.7% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of February. These service providers were Reliance Jio Infocom (102.84 million), Bharti Airtel (46.69 million), Vodafone (32.06 million), Idea Cellular (24.31 million) and BSNL (20.81 million).
As on 28 February, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.95 million), Bharti Airtel (2.07 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.14 million), MTNL (1.03 million) and You Broadband (0.62 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (102.84 million), Bharti Airtel (44.62 million), Vodafone (32.05 million), Idea Cellular (24.31 million) and Reliance Communications (14.04 million).