- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Broadband subscribers grew 2.98% to 261.31 mn in Feb
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 2.98% in February to 261.31 million from 253.75 million at the end of January, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 86.7% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of February. These service providers were Reliance Jio Infocom (102.84 million), Bharti Airtel (46.69 million), Vodafone (32.06 million), Idea Cellular (24.31 million) and BSNL (20.81 million).
As on 28 February, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.95 million), Bharti Airtel (2.07 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.14 million), MTNL (1.03 million) and You Broadband (0.62 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (102.84 million), Bharti Airtel (44.62 million), Vodafone (32.05 million), Idea Cellular (24.31 million) and Reliance Communications (14.04 million).