- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Broadband subscribers grew 2.98% to 261.31 mn in Feb
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 2.98% in February to 261.31 million from 253.75 million at the end of January, as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 86.7% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of February. These service providers were Reliance Jio Infocom (102.84 million), Bharti Airtel (46.69 million), Vodafone (32.06 million), Idea Cellular (24.31 million) and BSNL (20.81 million).
As on 28 February, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.95 million), Bharti Airtel (2.07 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.14 million), MTNL (1.03 million) and You Broadband (0.62 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (102.84 million), Bharti Airtel (44.62 million), Vodafone (32.05 million), Idea Cellular (24.31 million) and Reliance Communications (14.04 million).