- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Broadband subscriber base crosses 150 mn in Apr
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers in the country has crossed the 150-million mark in April, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has said.
The total broadband subscribers increased to 151.09 million at the end of April from 149.75 million at the end of March, showing a monthly growth rate of 0.89%.
As per reports received by TRAI from the service providers, the top five service providers constituted 83.86% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of April.
These service providers were Bharti Airtel (39.13 million), Vodafone (28.11 million), Idea Cellular (23.23 million), BSNL (20.48 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.74 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.91 million), Bharti Airtel (1.76 million), MTNL (1.10 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.96 million) and You Broadband (0.54 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (37.37 million), Vodafone (28.11 million), Idea Cellular (23.23 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.61 million) and BSNL (10.58 million).