- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Broadband subscriber base crosses 150 mn in Apr
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers in the country has crossed the 150-million mark in April, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has said.
The total broadband subscribers increased to 151.09 million at the end of April from 149.75 million at the end of March, showing a monthly growth rate of 0.89%.
As per reports received by TRAI from the service providers, the top five service providers constituted 83.86% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of April.
These service providers were Bharti Airtel (39.13 million), Vodafone (28.11 million), Idea Cellular (23.23 million), BSNL (20.48 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.74 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.91 million), Bharti Airtel (1.76 million), MTNL (1.10 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.96 million) and You Broadband (0.54 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (37.37 million), Vodafone (28.11 million), Idea Cellular (23.23 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.61 million) and BSNL (10.58 million).