- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Broadband subscriber base crosses 150 mn in Apr
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers in the country has crossed the 150-million mark in April, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has said.
The total broadband subscribers increased to 151.09 million at the end of April from 149.75 million at the end of March, showing a monthly growth rate of 0.89%.
As per reports received by TRAI from the service providers, the top five service providers constituted 83.86% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of April.
These service providers were Bharti Airtel (39.13 million), Vodafone (28.11 million), Idea Cellular (23.23 million), BSNL (20.48 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.74 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.91 million), Bharti Airtel (1.76 million), MTNL (1.10 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.96 million) and You Broadband (0.54 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (37.37 million), Vodafone (28.11 million), Idea Cellular (23.23 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.61 million) and BSNL (10.58 million).