- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Broadband subs increased 5.01% to 131.49 m in Nov ’15
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 5.01 per cent to 131.49 million at the end of November 2015 from 125.22 million at the end of October 2015, as per reports received from the service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
The top five service providers constituted 83.59 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of November 2015. These service providers included Bharti Airtel (30.68 million), Vodafone (25.53 million), Idea Cellular (21.25 million), BSNL (19.87 million) and Reliance Communications (12.59 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.93 million), Bharti Airtel (1.64 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.84 million) and You Broadband (0.50 million) as on 30 November.
The top five Wireless Broadband Service providers were Bharti Airtel (29.04 million), Vodafone (25.52 million), Idea Cellular (21.23 million), Reliance Communications Group (12.47 million) and BSNL (9.94 million).