- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Broadband subs increased 5.01% to 131.49 m in Nov ’15
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 5.01 per cent to 131.49 million at the end of November 2015 from 125.22 million at the end of October 2015, as per reports received from the service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
The top five service providers constituted 83.59 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of November 2015. These service providers included Bharti Airtel (30.68 million), Vodafone (25.53 million), Idea Cellular (21.25 million), BSNL (19.87 million) and Reliance Communications (12.59 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.93 million), Bharti Airtel (1.64 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.84 million) and You Broadband (0.50 million) as on 30 November.
The top five Wireless Broadband Service providers were Bharti Airtel (29.04 million), Vodafone (25.52 million), Idea Cellular (21.23 million), Reliance Communications Group (12.47 million) and BSNL (9.94 million).