- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Broadband subs grew 2.87% to 70.81 mn in July
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 2.87 per cent to 70.81 million at the end of July, from 68.83 million at the end of June, as per data received by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from broadband service providers.
The number of wired subscribers grew 0.45 per cent to 15.04 million from 14.97. Mobile devices users (phones + dongles) grew 3.56 per cent to 55.34 million from 53.44 million. Fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) grew 1.54 per cent to 0.43 million from 0.42.
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.40 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Beam Telecom (0.40 million) and YOU Broadband (0.40 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti (14.21 million), Vodafone (11.23 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (9.06 million), BSNL (8.16 million) and Reliance Communications Group (6.12 Million).