- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Broadband subs grew 2.87% to 70.81 mn in July
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 2.87 per cent to 70.81 million at the end of July, from 68.83 million at the end of June, as per data received by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from broadband service providers.
The number of wired subscribers grew 0.45 per cent to 15.04 million from 14.97. Mobile devices users (phones + dongles) grew 3.56 per cent to 55.34 million from 53.44 million. Fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) grew 1.54 per cent to 0.43 million from 0.42.
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.40 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Beam Telecom (0.40 million) and YOU Broadband (0.40 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti (14.21 million), Vodafone (11.23 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (9.06 million), BSNL (8.16 million) and Reliance Communications Group (6.12 Million).