- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Broadband subs grew 2.87% to 70.81 mn in July
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 2.87 per cent to 70.81 million at the end of July, from 68.83 million at the end of June, as per data received by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from broadband service providers.
The number of wired subscribers grew 0.45 per cent to 15.04 million from 14.97. Mobile devices users (phones + dongles) grew 3.56 per cent to 55.34 million from 53.44 million. Fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio & VSAT) grew 1.54 per cent to 0.43 million from 0.42.
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.40 million), MTNL (1.13 million), Beam Telecom (0.40 million) and YOU Broadband (0.40 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti (14.21 million), Vodafone (11.23 million), Idea Cellular Ltd (9.06 million), BSNL (8.16 million) and Reliance Communications Group (6.12 Million).