- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Brightcove expands into Indian market
MUMBAI: Video cloud services provider Brightcove has expanded into the Indian market with a new office in Mumbai and five key customer wins.
Brightcove’s key customer wins in India include Republic TV’s digital destination Republic World, Sony Pictures Networks India’s VoD service Sony Liv, India’s leading online content creators The Viral Fever, video streaming service Dekkho and Tamil SVoD service Hero Talkies.
Founded in 2004, Brightcove has been revolutionising online video experiences for over a decade. Media companies, publishers and brands worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video across the web, mobile and connected devices.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston, with its Asia Pacific offices in Singapore, South Korea, Sydney, Tokyo and now Mumbai.
“With 462 million active Internet users, India is a sizeable market for online video and OTT and it is growing. Data shows that only 35% of the Indian population is using the internet,” said Brightcove Asia VP Tomer Azenkot.
“This growth represents a tremendous opportunity for Brightcove which, even prior to its office opening, powers video for some of the top-tier Indian media companies. By adding a talented team on the ground, it will only elevate the way that we serve our customer base and shape the future of video experiences moving forward.”