- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Break news first on AIR and DD, says MIB
MUMBAI: The Narendra Modi-led BJP government is keen to make the pubcaster more relevant. In a new development, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) has written to all the Union ministries and departments to share all news relating to government decisions and policy initiatives first with public broadcasters Doordarshan (DD) and All India Radio (AIR).
I&B secretary Bimal Julka has sent a letter regarding this to the directors and joint directors handling media in every Ministry. His letter informed officials of all the ministries that top government officials and ministers should give priority to state-run media over private news channels and newspapers.
The government has decided to shut out private news channels and give preference to AIR and DD for covering events like the prime minister’s foreign visits and exclusive interviews by ministers.
As per the letter, private broadcasters and news agencies will be given access to information only after Doordarshan flashes the news.
The letter further directed the officials and ministers to give exclusive interviews first to Doordarshan and the state-run radio network AIR in Hindi, English and regional languages.