- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Blue Ant Media, Smithsonian Networks in JV for 4K content
MUMBAI: Media company Blue Ant Media, which works in the area of 4K production and distribution, and Smithsonian Networks are partnering on a new JV, Blue Skye Entertainment, to develop and distribute what they say will be the world’s largest library of Ultra HD (4K) natural history and wildlife content.
Blue Skye Entertainment, operating out of London, UK, will distribute this content globally via SVOD and linear television services under Blue Ant Media’s Love Nature brand and Smithsonian Network’s stand-alone streaming service, Smithsonian Earth.
“Together, Smithsonian Networks and Blue Ant Media will bring stunning and engaging 4K wildlife and nature content to audiences all over the world. Blue Skye is the international evolution of our existing relationship with Smithsonian Networks, which has already seen us work together to bring Smithsonian Channel to Canadian audiences,” said Blue Ant Media CEO television and digital Raja Khanna.
Smithsonian Networks president Tom Hayden said, “Blue Skye Entertainment is at the forefront of television’s evolution to 4K. As worldwide leaders in the natural history category, Smithsonian Networks and Blue Ant Media are joining forces to deliver the best nature and wildlife programming to viewers everywhere.”
Joining Blue Skye Entertainment is Jo Parkinson as MD. With experience on both the operator and network sides, she has a proven track record of driving success at companies such as BSkyB, Time Warner, Viacom and Liberty Global. In her most recent role at WWE’s London office as VP and GM, Parkinson was responsible for growing the WWE Network across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.