- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Black White Orange is licensing agent for DreamWorks Animation in India & South Asia
MUMBAI: Universal Brand Development has appointed Black White Orange as the licensing and merchandising agent for DreamWorks Animation in India and South Asia.
This is in addition to the NBCUniversal portfolio that is already managed by the agency since 2016.
Under the agreement, Black White Orange will now manage licensing and merchandising for DreamWorks’ extensive portfolio, including global hit properties like ‘Trolls’, ‘The Boss Baby’, ‘KungFu Panda’, ‘Madagascar’, ‘Shrek’, ‘How to Train Your Dragon’, and DreamWorks Animation Television’s ‘Voltron Legendary Defender’.
Black White Orange Brands founder and CEO Bhavik Vora said, “We are absolutely thrilled. The addition of DreamWorks Animation in NBCUniversal and subsequently in the Black White Orange portfolio is a big step towards our vision of creating a Universal experience at retail in India. With a slew of franchise films and TV content, it is going to be one of the most formidable forces for the consumer products business in India. Our team thrives on creating innovative strategies for the brands we manage and there is tremendous scope to create innovation with this portfolio.”
Black White Orange will grow and expand DreamWorks’ business in India as well as in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and other South Asian markets. The differentiated approach on the DreamWorks Animation business in India includes working closely with the television and film team, focusing on key properties.
The potential of DreamWorks’ animated films will further be explored in the form of official licensed merchandise in various categories like apparel, toys, stationery, back-to-school, home décor, innovative non-traditional categories and more.