- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Birmingham to become home of BBC’s UK skills and talent centre
MUMBAI: BBC will base its centre for recruitment and talent development for the UK in the heart of Birmingham.
The BBC Academy, the BBC’s centre for in-house and industry wide training, will move to the city in 2015, alongside the core of the BBC’s HR and Internal Communications.
The Academy offers training and development for the UK broadcast industry and will also work with local companies to increase the talent base in Birmingham and the West Midlands.
In total, the UK pubcaster will move 190 roles to Birmingham by the end of 2015. This is an increase of 100 roles on the 90 announced last year – the BBC’s earlier announcement included roles in a Digital Innovation Unit for Digbeth, The Space digital arts partnership, BBC Trainee and apprenticeship schemes. These teams join existing departments already based in Birmingham – working across news, current affairs, drama, radio and online.
BBC DG Tony Hall said, “Birmingham is a great city, with a history of creativity and innovation. The centre for BBC recruitment for the whole of the UK will also be based alongside the Academy, in one of the UK’s most diverse cities. This is good news for Birmingham and good news for the BBC – it’s a perfect partnership.”