- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Bioworld to offer ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘Sherlock’ merchandise in India
MUMBAI: Bioworld Merchandising India, a subsidiary of the US-based Bioworld Merchandising Inc, has acquired exclusive rights to sell merchandise of The BBC’s popular shows, ‘Sherlock’ and ‘Doctor Who’.
This is the first time that the official merchandise lines from the two shows will be available in the country after being licensed by The BBC’s commercial arm BBC Worldwide.
The branded clothing and accessories will include T-shirts, pullover cardigans, bermudas, belts, caps and bags with prices starting at Rs 599 in stores like Lifestyle, Central, Crossword, Planet M, Landmark, etc.
Online stores like Flipkart, Myntra, Jabong, Snapdeal, Amazon, and Cilory will also have the products.
“We have been overwhelmed by the support shown by Indian fans for ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘Sherlock’. ‘Doctor Who’ launched on FX in May and ratings have gone through the roof, and Indian fans of ‘Sherlock’, which aired on AXN in India, are part of the Sherlock phenomenon that’s taken over the world. We are very happy that fans here will be able to wear their love for ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘Sherlock’,” said BBC Worldwide SVP and GM India and creative lead for Asia Myleeta Aga.
“Bioworld is excited to partner BBC Worldwide for two of the most popular brands in India, ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘Sherlock’, with the release of official merchandise through its free authority brand in Fall 2015. Bioworld has key partnerships with world-renowned licensors and retailers, and we believe this partnership is a strategic addition to our diverse portfolio of superheroes, gaming, TV shows, characters, entertainment, and music. We can’t wait to receive responses from anticipating fans who are eager to purchase the merchandise,” added Bioworld Merchandising country head Mahesh Chaudhary.
The apparel collections will be made available from July-end.