- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
‘Big Little Lies’ premieres in India on Star World Premiere HD
MUMBAI: Two of Hollywood’s biggest names – Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon – mark their grand television debut, along with tinsel town’s renowned actor from ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Shailene Woodley, to champion female empowerment in the upcoming, most anticipated show – ‘Big Little Lies’.
The English entertainment channel Star World Premiere HD is set to premiere ‘Big Little Lies’ on 21 February at 10 pm.
Based on Liane Moriarty’s bestselling novel, the seven-episode series is a dark dramedy that follows three mothers of kindergarteners whose apparently perfect lives unravel to the point of murder.
The show comprises a dynamic cast including Oscar winners Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon, ‘Parks And Recreation’ fame Adam Scott, ‘Jurassic Park’ star Laura Dern and Alexander Skarsgard of ‘True Blood’ and ‘The Legend of Tarzan’.
Jean-Marc Vallée stepped in to direct ‘Big Little Lies’ along with writer David E. Kelley of ‘Goliath’ fame. Kidman and Witherspoon had some big shoes to fill as they assumed responsibilities as executive producers of the show apart from doing their bit as actors on the series.