- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
BeIN to launch 24 channels in Middle East, Africa
MUMBAI: Middle East broadcaster beIN will launch 24 new channels in various genres in the Middle East and in Africa.
It will have channels for Hollywood films, documentaries, drama and comedy series, and children’s content. beIN Media has acquired 642 episodes of US television content from Prime Entertainment
BeIN media group chairman, CEO Nasser al-Khelaifi said, “We identified a sweet spot in terms of pricing of pay TV in the region that has traditionally been over-priced. Hence it was natural that BeIN offers latest blockbuster movies, great family entertainment in the form of latest series, factual and kids content along with our premium sports offering”.
Prime Entertainment Group MD David Freydt said,”The Middle Eastern market was a little bit slow these last years, and in 2015 many big players came to us in order to finalise important package deals. For BeIN it was very important to get high production value, cinema-related programs. This was part of their strategy in order to give this image of high-quality, high-standard entertainment channels. So it’s an even bigger satisfaction for us that they picked up our shows.”