- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Beibei Fan to head HBO China
MUMBAI: HBO Asia has promoted Beibei Fan to China executive VP new business , MD. In this role, Beibei will oversee all the business aspects of HBO Asia’s business in China from revenue generation to production as well as new business prospects in Asia.
“Beibei has done an excellent job for the company and this promotion is recognition of that contribution. With Beibei at the helm of our business in China, we are confident that we will be able to strengthen our commitment and strategy to bringing our content to more viewers in China,” said HBO Asia CEO Jonathan Spink.
Beibei has over 15 years of programming and distribution experience from her time with Warner Brothers, Disney and China Central Television (CCTV). She brings with her an acute and in-depth understanding and knowledge of the media and entertainment business in Asia.
Beibei joined HBO Asia in August 2014 as senior VP, new business, and has since worked with Tencent Video to expand HBO’s content in China and with local partners including BesTV, SiTV and China Mobile to launch Ding Ji Ju Chang, a subscription video on demand (SVOD) service that is home to award-winning HBO Original series and movies, Cinemax and HBO Asia Original series, as well as independent Hollywood movies. In 2016, Beibei also spearheaded HBO Asia’s first Chinese co-production movie project with China Movie Channel – an anthology of Chinese language martial arts action movies.