- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
BCCI’s mini IPL opposed by four boards
MUMBAI: The BCCI’s plan to hold a mini IPL has run into rough weather.
Cricket Australia, England & Wales Cricket Board, Cricket South Africa and West Indies Cricket Board have opposed the tournament.
There is a vacancy in September and the plan was to have the event then. The gap came up after the Champions League Twenty20 was scrapped.
Earlier, the BCCI had apparently turned down the request of the IPL franchise Mumbai Indians to play matches in the US.
As reported earlier, a combination of logistical and technical issues may not make it possible for the mini IPL to be held this September.