- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
BBC’s ‘Top Gear’ format travels to France
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide will produce a local version of ‘Top Gear’ for French broadcaster RMC Découverte.
The motoring series will be produced by BBC Worldwide France and is due to start filming later this year. It will air on RMC Découverte in France in 2015.
The local format of ‘Top Gear’ will include many elements already familiar to audiences around the world with some added French twists and the presenters will be announced in due course.
RMC Découverte already broadcasts the original UK version of ‘Top Gear’ – as well as ‘Top Gear USA’ – and was the highest rated programme ever for the channel.
BBC Worldwide France executive MD, production Jean Louis Blot said, “Top Gear has become a global phenomenon and is without a doubt, the biggest motoring TV programme in the world. The success of the UK series on RMC Découverte played a big part in securing this commission and I am thrilled to be working with them to create a local version of this iconic format for French audiences.”
BBC Worldwide director of entertainment brands Adam Waddell said, “The French have some amazing roads and incredible scenery which is why ‘Top Gear’ UK has often filmed there. Now French petrol heads are going to have their own version of the programme and I have no doubt that the hosts will bring their own personality and sense of humour to the new show. I can’t wait to watch it develop.”
Alain Weill from RMC and NextRadio TV president said, “I’m pleased to announce a French version of Top Gear for RMC Découverte and it’s a great honour to be working with BBC Worldwide France to produce the format. Top Gear UK is already a success on our channel and is delivering its best channel ratings since its launch.”
Local versions of ‘Top Gear’ already air in South Korea and in the US and there will be a Chinese version launching later this year.