- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
BBC Worldwide unveils content slate for 40th annual Showcase event
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide said that ‘Top Gear’ season 23 will lead the content slate at this year’s annual Showcase event in Liverpool from 22–24 February.
The flagship event signals the international trade launch of the new look ‘Top Gear’and will introduce buyers to a catalogue of British content. More than 700 international television buyers will get the chance to see Chris Evans offer a glimpse of what’s in store for the new series of ‘Top Gear’.
Also on this year’s slate are dramas including ‘Sherlock’, ‘Maigret’, ‘SS-GB’ and ‘One of Us’, the new natural history show ‘Planet Earth II’ and David Beckham’s ‘For the Love of the Game’.
Showcase will also welcome a host of British stars including James Norton ‘War and Peace’, Keeley Hawes ‘The Durrells’, Ben Miller ‘I Want My Wife Back’ and a number of surprise guests.
In its 40th year, BBC Worldwide Showcase is the world’s largest international television market hosted by a single distributor and is attended by the world’s top TV buyers, award-winning producers and on-screen talent. Almost 6000 hours of TV content will be available for buyers to view throughout the three days in 600 digibooths.
BBC Worldwide president global markets Paul Dempsey said, “The range and quality of the great British shows in our catalogue is what makes Showcase one of the must attend events on the sales calendar. And once again we’ve surpassed ourselves. We’ll be teasing the new look ‘Top Gear’, celebrating the full spectrum of British crime drama, launching the follow up to one of the BBC’s most successful natural history programmes and introducing a stunning slate of UK dramas. We’ve also got a bus load of industry experts offering insights into the latest trends and technology and welcoming some of Britain’s most loved talent. There’s no better place to be than Liverpool in February.”
Now in its 23rd season, ‘Top Gear’ features an all-new line-up including TV and radio presenter Chris Evans, and The Stig.