- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
BBC Worldwide signs up distributor in Brazil for home entertainment catalogue
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide, the main commercial arm and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, has signed a two-year deal with Paris Filmes, one of the largest film distributors in Brazil, to become the exclusive distributor of BBC’s home entertainment catalogue in the country.
Paris Filmes will be responsible for BBC Worldwide’s comprehensive selection of home entertainment products, comprising hundreds of DVDs and Blu-Rays of series including ‘Doctor Who’, ‘Sherlock’ and ‘BBC Earth’ branded titles. New merchandise will also feature exclusive scenes of some of the most popular shows that have never aired on TV. The distribution launch is expected in time for this year’s holiday season.
BBC Worldwide Latin America and US Hispanic VP, MD Fred Medina said, “This agreement marks a new stage for our home entertainment business in Brazil. We are very pleased to be partnering with the most important film distributor in this country.
“Audiences are at the core of our growth strategy in the region and this partnership allows us to fulfill our ambition of giving our passionate fan base the chance to own their favorite shows.”
BBC Worldwide’s consumer product division offers DVD’s and Blu-Rays, including different genres, such as popular global drama series, natural history and children’s programming. Integrating its home entertainment offering into its comprehensive consumer product range allows BBC Worldwide Latin America to better serve its customers by aligning distribution with other channel and digital releases and promotional efforts. The division also handles other consumer product related businesses including merchandise licensing operations and live events.