- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
BBC Worldwide sells ‘Joe And Caspar Hit the Road’ to UK Channel E4
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has announced their first TV deal for ‘Joe and Caspar Hit the Road’.
The feature length film will air on E4 in April after striking a deal with Channel 4.
Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee will be making their first ever debut appearance at MipTV 2016 next week.
Made by the production team behind BBC Worldwide’s Top Gear special commissions, ‘Joe & Caspar Hit the Road’ will see Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee hit the road on an epic European adventure as Joe challenges his flatmate to survive the trip using only the money they can earn each day.
The twosome – who have over 11 million YouTube subscribers and over a billion total video views between them will be offering themselves up for employment in a series of unusual tasks such as learning to be gondoliers in Venice, working as deckhands on a superyacht, and performing on Barcelona’s famous Las Ramblas.
BBC Worldwide executive producer Paul Hembury said, “After such a successful DVD, we’re thrilled that Joe and Caspar will be reaching a new audience on TV.”
In the follow up to their DVD release in 2015, the duo are now set to travel to America in a second commission between BBC Worldwide and Raucous Productions called “Joe & Caspar Hit The Road: USA”.
They are upping the ante, with a new bigger and braver road trip across the United States. This time the boys will travel 2,000 miles competing against each other on a bigger scale, but can they really earn their stars and stripes with the challenges they face along the way? From American footballers and ranch hands, to astronauts and muscle men, who will be crowned the all-American winner of Hit The Road USA?
Sugg said, “We don’t know how it happened, but it’s happening! Yee-hah!”
Lee said, “I’m absolutely thrilled to be working with my friend Joe on this exciting new project and can’t wait to get back on the road. It was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had and it is an honour to be able to do it again… but this time even bigger, oh yehhh!”