- Finance Ministry Using 'Back Door' to Amend Laws, Says Opposition
- Bharti Airtel's Rs 1600 cr Tikona buy: Smart move to gain pan-India 4G spectrum but challenges remain
- Tackle vigilantes with iron hand, CM Yogi Adityanath tells officials
- Shiv Sena MP barred from flying, AI cancels his return ticket
- Pakistan rakes up Kashmir issue despite overtures
- Police arrest 4 men for teasing anti-romeo squad leader Raveena Tyagi in Bareilly
- Police unravel multiple aliases of Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood
BBC Worldwide picks up 25% stake in Expectation Entertainment
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of UK pubcaster the BBC, has become a 24.9% shareholder in Expectation Entertainment.
Expectation is a newly created independent production company. Its founders, Peter Fincham and Tim Hincks, bring extremely strong creative reputations and credentials to the venture.
Fincham, who spent the first 20 years of his career in independent production, was most recently Director of Television at ITV, while Hincks last held the position of president of Endemol Shine Group. A multi-genre company, Expectation will operate six departments across scripted and non-scripted programming including drama, comedy drama, factual entertainment, entertainment, reality and factual.
The investment continues BBC Worldwide’s strategy of supporting premium British independents in a range of ways, including a variety of development, output and equity relationships, alongside its primary content partnership with BBC Studios. BBC Worldwide will have representation on the Expectation board, with Helen Jackson, chief content officer, taking on a directorship.
BBC Worldwide CEO Tim Davie said, “Expectation is a creatively-led company. Peter and Tim are two of the most respected creatives in the television business and to be involved in supporting a production company with their vision and passion for producing bold, exciting and popular content was irresistible.”
Expectation Entertainment co-founder Peter Fincham said, “We’re delighted that BBC Worldwide has come on board as our investing partner, both in terms of the creative values it brings and the help it can give us in reaching new platforms and creating opportunities on a global level.
“BBC Worldwide has been absolutely brilliant in recognising that Peter and I believe in being independent, and that we need the freedom to take on the amazing creative opportunities both here in the UK and around the world.”