- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
BBC Worldwide launches BBC Earth as a linear channel in Turkey
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has launched its new genre brand BBC Earth as a linear channel in Turkey. It replaces BBC Knowledge.
BBC Earth will be accessible for the first time to Turkish audiences via TTNet, IPTV platform Tivibu and will be available in the local language.
The roll-out plan for BBC Worldwide global brands follows the successful recent debut of BBC Earth and factual entertainment brand BBC Brit in Poland, and BBC First, a premium drama channel which launched in Australia last August. BBC Earth has also launched in the Nordic region and across Central and Eastern Europe.
BBC Earth inspires audiences by sharing the wonders of the universe. The channel will showcase the work of the world’s foremost factual film makers as it seeks to take audiences on a thrilling journey of discovery. From the smallest creature under the microscope to the limitless expanses of space, BBC Earth will bring viewers face to face with action, ideas and the wonder of being human. Launch titles include ‘Life Below Zero’, ‘Life Story’, ‘Human Universe’ and ‘Operation Wild’.
BBC Worldwide president for global markets Paul Dempsey said, “We know that Turkish audiences love our premium factual content, and with the launch of BBC Earth here we are excited to bring the most amazing sights, stories and characters from the natural world into millions of livings rooms across Turkey.”
The further roll-out of the new global genre brands will be announced in due course.