- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
BBC Worldwide appoints Kelvin Yau as GM for Greater China
MUMBAI: BBC Worldwide has appointed Kelvin Yau as the general manager for Greater China with effect from 17 August.
In his new role, Yau will oversee BBC Worldwide’s channel and content distribution, local production, affiliate distribution and brand development activities across Greater China including Hong Kong, Taiwan and China. He will also be responsible for BBC Worldwide’s format and brand licensing in these territories.
BBC Worldwide Asia EVP David Weiland said, “We are very excited to have someone of Kelvin’s calibre to join BBC Worldwide. He brings with him an excellent track record in business development to the team. Kelvin’s vast experience will also serve as a catalyst for BBC’s continual growth in the highly dynamic Greater China market.”
Yau said, “BBC Worldwide has accomplished tremendous success in building the reach and reputation of BBC overseas. As an avid admirer of the British creativity advocated by BBC, I am looking forward to joining BBC Worldwide and helping promote its quality content across Greater China.”
Yau will be based in Beijing. He joins Monty Ghai, SVP and GM (Southeast Asia), Myleeta Aga, SVP and GM (India) and Soojin Chung, GM (Northeast Asia), reporting to David Weiland.
Prior to this role, Yau was the managing director of the The Economist Group for China and Taiwan.
Prior to The Economist Group, he held positions at Euromoney Publications and IR-VONline.com.