- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
BBC to kick off world tour for ‘Doctor Who’ in Cardiff
MUMBAI: The new season of ‘Doctor Who’ will have its world premiere in Cardiff on 7 August, BBC Wales has announced.
Marking the start of the BBC One hit sci-fi drama’s world tour, the premiere will be the first chance to see Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor, alongside Jenna Coleman as on-screen companion Clara, in episode one of the new series.
The stars will be attending the lunchtime St David’s Hall red carpet event, together with lead writer and producer Steven Moffat. Tickets are now available to the public from St David’s Hall Box Office .
The feature-length premiere episode of the eighth series, entitled Deep Breath, will land on BBC One on 23 August.
The ‘Doctor Who’ world tour is organised by BBC Worldwide. It will see Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman – joined by Steven Moffat along the way – visit seven cities across five continents in 12 days, where they will attend fan events and media interviews, publicising the eight season to a global audience. After Cardiff, the next stop is London.
BBC Wales director Rhodri Talfan Davies said, “ ‘Doctor Who’ is getting even bigger and even better – and it’s a real thrill that the show’s fans here in Wales will be the very first to see the new Doctor at this very special premiere screening. Doctor Who has been made in Wales for almost ten years – and we’re so proud of its worldwide success.”
The event is being held in association with BFI Sci-Fi: Days of Fear and Wonder, the full programme for which will be announced later this month.