- Facebook founder to visit India later this month
- Shemaroo Entertainment shares jump over 6.5% on listing, but slip later
- Sensex trades flat ahead of five-day holiday
- Rajnath Singh asks to revamp CRPF to fight naxals
- PM Narendra Modi to Campaign For Newly Single BJP in Maharashtra
- Jayalalithaa to stay in jail, bail plea adjourned till Oct 7
- Uttar Pradesh: 14 die, many injured as two trains collide in Gorakhpur
- Mary Kom becomes India's first woman boxer to win gold at Asian Games
- PM's US Visit: Narendra Modi, Barack Obama target $500 billion India-US trade
BBC Brit’s first series ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ unveiled
MUMBAI: BBC America and its commercial arm BBC Worldwide have green lit a vehicle transformation series, ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’.
In a co-production first, the show will launch across BBC America and the BBC’s international channels network and is the first original commission to be announced for BBC Brit – the new male skewing factual entertainment channel due to launch in several worldwide markets in 2014.
Hosted by Brits Tom ‘Wookie’ Ford and Jonny Smith, two real-life friends and UK car journalists, the daredevil pair work as rival team captains, accompanied by two fellow car enthusiasts. Together they have 24 hours to mutate, supersize or reconstruct ordinary vehicles and engage in perilous and humorous competitive stunt challenges shot in California.
Ordered by BBC America GM Perry Simon and BBC Worldwide VP commissioning, original content Tracy Forsyth, the series will be executive produced for both by Julie Swanston. Forsyth said, “We’re so pleased to be working with our BBC America colleagues on this original co-production, giving our car hungry viewers around the globe, a turbo-charged, stunt-packed ‘carmageddon,’ with the unmistakable British humour of Wookie and Jonny at the wheel.”
Simon said, “ ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ is a perfect fit for BBC America’s ‘Top Gear’-driven Monday night line-up, where we’ve built an audience that loves joining clever hosts engaging in humorous challenges and activities. BBC Worldwide Productions has created a series to showcase the talents of hosts Wookie and Jonny, and will be delivered to a global audience through our partnership with BBC Worldwide Channels.”