- Twitter frenzy over Aamir's 'tolerance' poser
- Modi says hopeful of rolling out GST in 2016
- Global co-ordination required to tackle terrorism: SC
- Peter Mukerjea not booked under any sections: CBI
- Idea to buy Videocon spectrum in Gujarat, UP for Rs 3,310 cr
- Odisha CM announces Rs 35000-cr package for drought-hit state
- Vijay Mallya ready to pay principal amount Kingfisher owes to banks
- RComm likely to announce stake sale in Reliance Infratel
- Ratan Tata invests in Singapore's Crayon Data
- Bupa to acquire additional 23% in Indian health insurance venture
BBC Brit’s first series ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ unveiled
MUMBAI: BBC America and its commercial arm BBC Worldwide have green lit a vehicle transformation series, ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’.
In a co-production first, the show will launch across BBC America and the BBC’s international channels network and is the first original commission to be announced for BBC Brit – the new male skewing factual entertainment channel due to launch in several worldwide markets in 2014.
Hosted by Brits Tom ‘Wookie’ Ford and Jonny Smith, two real-life friends and UK car journalists, the daredevil pair work as rival team captains, accompanied by two fellow car enthusiasts. Together they have 24 hours to mutate, supersize or reconstruct ordinary vehicles and engage in perilous and humorous competitive stunt challenges shot in California.
Ordered by BBC America GM Perry Simon and BBC Worldwide VP commissioning, original content Tracy Forsyth, the series will be executive produced for both by Julie Swanston. Forsyth said, “We’re so pleased to be working with our BBC America colleagues on this original co-production, giving our car hungry viewers around the globe, a turbo-charged, stunt-packed ‘carmageddon,’ with the unmistakable British humour of Wookie and Jonny at the wheel.”
Simon said, “ ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ is a perfect fit for BBC America’s ‘Top Gear’-driven Monday night line-up, where we’ve built an audience that loves joining clever hosts engaging in humorous challenges and activities. BBC Worldwide Productions has created a series to showcase the talents of hosts Wookie and Jonny, and will be delivered to a global audience through our partnership with BBC Worldwide Channels.”