- FIIs sold record $2.55 bn worth of shares in August
- 11% deficient monsoon so far, Kharif crops may be hit
- Trade unions on strike tomorrow
- Heineken offers to buy out 29% stake in United Breweries
- Jindal Steel to shut down coal mine in Australia
- Tata Group exits from Taj Palace Dubai
- Renault's limited edition Duster priced at Rs 9.99 lakh
- India wins Test series in Sri Lanka for first time in 22 years
- I am Sheena and Mikhail's father: Siddhartha Das
- IMF sees weaker than expected global economic growth
- Rupee closes 26 paise higher at 66.21/$
- Sensex tanks 586 pts on GDP data, China jitters
BBC Brit’s first series ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ unveiled
MUMBAI: BBC America and its commercial arm BBC Worldwide have green lit a vehicle transformation series, ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’.
In a co-production first, the show will launch across BBC America and the BBC’s international channels network and is the first original commission to be announced for BBC Brit – the new male skewing factual entertainment channel due to launch in several worldwide markets in 2014.
Hosted by Brits Tom ‘Wookie’ Ford and Jonny Smith, two real-life friends and UK car journalists, the daredevil pair work as rival team captains, accompanied by two fellow car enthusiasts. Together they have 24 hours to mutate, supersize or reconstruct ordinary vehicles and engage in perilous and humorous competitive stunt challenges shot in California.
Ordered by BBC America GM Perry Simon and BBC Worldwide VP commissioning, original content Tracy Forsyth, the series will be executive produced for both by Julie Swanston. Forsyth said, “We’re so pleased to be working with our BBC America colleagues on this original co-production, giving our car hungry viewers around the globe, a turbo-charged, stunt-packed ‘carmageddon,’ with the unmistakable British humour of Wookie and Jonny at the wheel.”
Simon said, “ ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ is a perfect fit for BBC America’s ‘Top Gear’-driven Monday night line-up, where we’ve built an audience that loves joining clever hosts engaging in humorous challenges and activities. BBC Worldwide Productions has created a series to showcase the talents of hosts Wookie and Jonny, and will be delivered to a global audience through our partnership with BBC Worldwide Channels.”