- Paswan threatens stir if Bihar scraps SC/ST reservation in promotion
- Telecom companies worried by fewer new smartphone users
- RBI Governor must be insulated from politics: Uday Kotak
- Some sitting Samajwadi Party MLAs in UP queue up for BSP tickets
- Polls show that voters favour Trump over Hillary, while Sanders fares better
- Obama lifts decades old arms embargo on Vietnam
- Court rejects Peter Mukerjea's bail plea once again
- Maharashtra minister Eknath Khadse accused of land deal, calls allegations baseless
- Government aims to make bankruptcy law operational by end of FY17
- RBI plans to cap customer liability in online frauds
- Iraq begins operation to oust ISIS from Fallujah
- ISIS attacks Syrian cities which host Russian military
- Chabahar has investment potential of Rs 1.3lakh crore for India
- BJP to hold national executive meet in SP bastion of Allahabad
- India and Iran ink $500 million Chabahar port deal
- Casey Bloys upped to prez of programming at HBO
BBC Brit’s first series ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ unveiled
MUMBAI: BBC America and its commercial arm BBC Worldwide have green lit a vehicle transformation series, ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’.
In a co-production first, the show will launch across BBC America and the BBC’s international channels network and is the first original commission to be announced for BBC Brit – the new male skewing factual entertainment channel due to launch in several worldwide markets in 2014.
Hosted by Brits Tom ‘Wookie’ Ford and Jonny Smith, two real-life friends and UK car journalists, the daredevil pair work as rival team captains, accompanied by two fellow car enthusiasts. Together they have 24 hours to mutate, supersize or reconstruct ordinary vehicles and engage in perilous and humorous competitive stunt challenges shot in California.
Ordered by BBC America GM Perry Simon and BBC Worldwide VP commissioning, original content Tracy Forsyth, the series will be executive produced for both by Julie Swanston. Forsyth said, “We’re so pleased to be working with our BBC America colleagues on this original co-production, giving our car hungry viewers around the globe, a turbo-charged, stunt-packed ‘carmageddon,’ with the unmistakable British humour of Wookie and Jonny at the wheel.”
Simon said, “ ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ is a perfect fit for BBC America’s ‘Top Gear’-driven Monday night line-up, where we’ve built an audience that loves joining clever hosts engaging in humorous challenges and activities. BBC Worldwide Productions has created a series to showcase the talents of hosts Wookie and Jonny, and will be delivered to a global audience through our partnership with BBC Worldwide Channels.”