- Rail Budget 2015: No new trains, Suresh Prabhu keeps Rail Budget firmly on track
- PDP patron Mufti in Delhi for finale of JK deal, to meet Modi today
- Net neutrality activists declare victory as US regulators approve tougher rules
- Sri Lanka arrests 86 Indian fishermen
- Delhi will be the new world capital of pollution, 66 crore Indians will die 3 years younger: Report
- Gujarat riots: verdict likely today on killing of 3 British nationals
- Oil cos suffer inventory loss of Rs 30000 crore on price slump: FM Jaitley
- FM Jaitley defends land acquisition bill, says UPA’s law was a threat to national security
- Sebi imposes Rs 85 crore fine on DLF, related entities, executives
BBC Brit’s first series ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ unveiled
MUMBAI: BBC America and its commercial arm BBC Worldwide have green lit a vehicle transformation series, ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’.
In a co-production first, the show will launch across BBC America and the BBC’s international channels network and is the first original commission to be announced for BBC Brit – the new male skewing factual entertainment channel due to launch in several worldwide markets in 2014.
Hosted by Brits Tom ‘Wookie’ Ford and Jonny Smith, two real-life friends and UK car journalists, the daredevil pair work as rival team captains, accompanied by two fellow car enthusiasts. Together they have 24 hours to mutate, supersize or reconstruct ordinary vehicles and engage in perilous and humorous competitive stunt challenges shot in California.
Ordered by BBC America GM Perry Simon and BBC Worldwide VP commissioning, original content Tracy Forsyth, the series will be executive produced for both by Julie Swanston. Forsyth said, “We’re so pleased to be working with our BBC America colleagues on this original co-production, giving our car hungry viewers around the globe, a turbo-charged, stunt-packed ‘carmageddon,’ with the unmistakable British humour of Wookie and Jonny at the wheel.”
Simon said, “ ‘Mud, Sweat and Gears’ is a perfect fit for BBC America’s ‘Top Gear’-driven Monday night line-up, where we’ve built an audience that loves joining clever hosts engaging in humorous challenges and activities. BBC Worldwide Productions has created a series to showcase the talents of hosts Wookie and Jonny, and will be delivered to a global audience through our partnership with BBC Worldwide Channels.”