- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
BBC bags 18 nominations in the final shortlist for 2014 Grierson Awards
MUMBAI: BBC has notched up 18 nominations in the final shortlist for the 2014 Grierson Awards. The BBC is in the running for 10 of the 12 awards for documentary film-making.
BBC controller, factual commissioning Emma Swain said, “We’re thrilled to see so many outstanding, innovative and high quality BBC films shortlisted for this year’s Griersons. It’s wonderful to see such a strong range of factual programmes, from arts, science, natural history, international affairs and documentaries continuing to play a pivotal role for audiences across all our channels at the BBC.”
BBC Two dominates the Best Historical Documentary category, making up three of the four nominations with ‘The Iraq War: Regime Change’, ‘Simon Schama’s Story Of The Jews’ and ‘The Tube: An Underground History’.
The BBC also dominates the Best Arts Documentary award, with three of the four nominations including ‘David Bowie: Five Years’ (BBC Two), ‘Imagine… Vivian Maier’: ‘Who Took Nanny’s Pictures’ (BBC One) and ‘Colin Davis In His Own Words’ (BBC Four).
The winners will be announced at the Grierson Awards ceremony on 3 November.