- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
BBC Asian Network announces line-up for Zee London Mela 2015
MUMBAI: BBC Asian Network will once again be supporting this year’s Zee London Mela, which takes place on 6 September.
The station has announced the line-up of UK and international music talent who will be performing on the BBC Asian Network Stage at the event – Zack Knight, Sama Blake, Jernade Miah and Cold Fever.
London Mela is an outdoor South Asian Festival with a programme of live entertainment and traditional Asian culture. Zee TV is the title sponsor.
This year’s celebration takes place on 6 September, 1-9 pm at Gunnersbury Park. As well as showcasing a variety of music and dance styles, from classical to modern, the festival includes craft markets, children’s activities and food stalls with delicacies from around the world.
Over 70,000 people enjoyed last year’s event. This year the aim is to make the festival bigger and better with Bollywood, urban and classical music, outdoor arts, dance, fashion, sports, kids area, Tastes of Asia, the London Mela Bazaar, a funfair and a firework finale.
BBC Asian Network said that it is committed to championing British-Asian talent and supporting their development, particularly through shows presented by Panjabi Hit Squad, Kan D Man and DJ Limelight, and Yasser through his BBC Introducing programme. All these presenters will be performing DJ sets on the Asian Network Stage at the London Mela, and they will be introducing the following British Asian and international artists to the crowds: