- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
BARC launches online certification for its BMW software
MUMBAI: BARC India has launched its Media Workstation (BMW) Online Certification programme from 20 July.
BARC, which has trained over 5000 media professionals on its BMW platform, said that there has been a demand from the industry for a standardised testing and certification tool that would enable professionals as well as employers/organisations to evaluate their media proficiency.
The BMW Online Certification will provide a standard for skill measurement and certification of professionals engaged in TV viewership measurement, research & analytics, media planning and sales & marketing, as well as students keen to pursue a career in these fields.
BMW is a specialised software application specially designed to analyse media and advertising audience results. Subscribers are regularly trained so that they may make productive use of the application. BARC India now encourages BMW users to add the benefits of certification to their profile.
“The certification programme will not only benefit BMW users by improving their employability quotient, but will also help an organisation appraise the skill level of their employees with the help of a pan-industry measurement standard. Students of media and Marketing courses would also benefit by taking these courses and be market ready,” said BARC India CEO Partho Dasgupta.