- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Banijay Group to merge with Zodiak Media
MUMBAI: International entertainment entities Banijay Group and Zodiak Media have today agreed terms to unite their complementary catalogues and production units.
With revenues of around $1 billion, the merger creates one of the world’s biggest independent production and distribution companies and the largest not controlled by a media group.
At the closing, Stéphane Courbit will be named chairman and Marco Bassetti will be appointed CEO of the merged company.
The new group, which already boasts the leading production companies in many countries in which it operates, will now have a footprint in more than 18 territories producing entertainment, drama, factual, reality entertainment, docu-drama, children’s and animation programming.
A sales arm will handle worldwide rights distribution and licensing for both in-house and third party content.