- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Banijay Group to merge with Zodiak Media
MUMBAI: International entertainment entities Banijay Group and Zodiak Media have today agreed terms to unite their complementary catalogues and production units.
With revenues of around $1 billion, the merger creates one of the world’s biggest independent production and distribution companies and the largest not controlled by a media group.
At the closing, Stéphane Courbit will be named chairman and Marco Bassetti will be appointed CEO of the merged company.
The new group, which already boasts the leading production companies in many countries in which it operates, will now have a footprint in more than 18 territories producing entertainment, drama, factual, reality entertainment, docu-drama, children’s and animation programming.
A sales arm will handle worldwide rights distribution and licensing for both in-house and third party content.