- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Balaji Telefilms’ ‘Ek Villain’ nets Rs 50.7 cr at box office
MUMBAI: Balaji Motion Pictures Ltd (BMPL), the films division of Balaji Telefilms, has announced that its latest film ‘Ek Villain’ has done a net box-office collection of Rs 50.70 crore (Rs 507 million) in its first weekend.
Released on 27 June, the film collected Rs 16.72 crore (Rs 167.2 million) on Friday, Rs 16.54 crore (Rs 165.4 million) on Saturday and Rs 17.44 crore (Rs 174.4 million) on Sunday.
Balaji Motion Pictures CEO Tanuj Garg said, “Not only is this opening the biggest for the studio, but for the industry this year, in light of the screen count. ‘Ek Villain’ scored big despite no advantage of a bank holiday weekend. With compelling content, strong word-of-mouth publicity and exemplary marketing, the film is poised to sustain and enjoy a glorious run at the box office.”
Directed by Mohit Suri, ‘Ek Villain’ stars Riteish Deshmukh, Siddharth Malhotra and Shraddha Kapoor. The film was released on 2,539 screens nation-wide.
Film distributor Anil Thadani said, “The film has found universal acceptance. It is one of those rare films that worked as well in a remote single screen as it did in an up-market multiplex. It is a blockbuster and game-changer in the real sense of the words.”
Director Mohit Suri added, “I am delighted that my first film outside my home company has opened to such a path-breaking response. The stupendous figures are testimony to the power of conviction, content and passion.”