- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Balaji Motion Pictures partners Dolby to release three titles in Dolby Atmos
MUMBAI: Balaji Motion Pictures, the film production arm of Balaji Telefilms, has signed a three-film deal with Dolby Laboratories to release three titles in Dolby Atmos.
The first film to have Dolby Atmos sound is ‘Azhar’, a biopic on former Indian cricket team captain ‘Md Azharuddin’.
Dolby Atmos allows film-makers the creative freedom to easily place or move sounds anywhere in the movie theatre, including overhead, to create an engaging cinema experience.
Balaji Telefilms joint MD Ekta Kapoor said, “With so many projects coming from our stable, our aim is to deliver films that entertain while enhancing every moviegoer’s experience. We want to serve our audiences with cutting-edge content that is supported by the finest audio quality, which is why we have decided to mix and release our forthcoming movies with Dolby Atmos.”
While the current deal is for three films, she said that she would like to use the technology for many of her forthcoming movie titles.
Dolby Laboratories senior regional director – India, South East Asia, ANZ Pankaj Kedia said, “Dolby is excited to work with Balaji Motion Pictures, one of the leading production houses in the Indian cinema industry. With the range of upcoming Dolby Atmos titles, we are confident that cinematic storytelling will be taken to a new level.”