- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Balaji Motion Pictures partners Dolby to release three titles in Dolby Atmos
MUMBAI: Balaji Motion Pictures, the film production arm of Balaji Telefilms, has signed a three-film deal with Dolby Laboratories to release three titles in Dolby Atmos.
The first film to have Dolby Atmos sound is ‘Azhar’, a biopic on former Indian cricket team captain ‘Md Azharuddin’.
Dolby Atmos allows film-makers the creative freedom to easily place or move sounds anywhere in the movie theatre, including overhead, to create an engaging cinema experience.
Balaji Telefilms joint MD Ekta Kapoor said, “With so many projects coming from our stable, our aim is to deliver films that entertain while enhancing every moviegoer’s experience. We want to serve our audiences with cutting-edge content that is supported by the finest audio quality, which is why we have decided to mix and release our forthcoming movies with Dolby Atmos.”
While the current deal is for three films, she said that she would like to use the technology for many of her forthcoming movie titles.
Dolby Laboratories senior regional director – India, South East Asia, ANZ Pankaj Kedia said, “Dolby is excited to work with Balaji Motion Pictures, one of the leading production houses in the Indian cinema industry. With the range of upcoming Dolby Atmos titles, we are confident that cinematic storytelling will be taken to a new level.”