- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
BAI awards long-term rights of Premier Badminton League to Sportzlive
MUMBAI: The Badminton Association of India (BAI) has awarded the long-term rights of its franchise-based Premier Badminton League (PBL) to Atul Pande-promoted Sportzlive and Entertainment ahead of the league’s 2017 season.
The first season of the re-launched PBL, the official league of the BAI, was successfully conducted in January 2016. Sportzlive supported this league as marketing and commercial partners. The second season of PBL will be held in 2017.
BAI president Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta said, “BAI, as the governing body for badminton in India, is committed to the growth of the sport in India, and is extremely pleased to partner Sportzlive in its endeavours to grow our sport in India. The recent performance of our players in the Olympics and the Super Series events has strengthened our resolve to continue building the sporting ecosystem for badminton through such events and partnerships. Sportzlive and its directors Atul Pande and Prasad Mangipudi bring to the table immense experience and expertise to assist us in achieving this vision.”
“We are extremely honoured to be granted the long-term rights of a very prestigious league like the Premier Badminton League! We have been part of the first edition of the league as commercial partners. We hope to make PBL one of the most admired leagues of the country by bringing the best players of the world to take part in it,” said Pande.