- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
BAI appoints former Ten Sports CEO Atul Pande as media advisor
MUMBAI: The Badminton Association of India (BAI) has appointed former Ten Sports CEO and SportzLive chairman Atul Pande as the media advisor of the Indian Badminton League 2016 to be held from 2 to 17 January.
Announcing his appointment, BAI President Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta said, “We are ready to roll out the next IBL and make it a landmark event for Indian and International audiences. We are looking at working with top-notch professionals to ensure that the best possible product reaches our viewers. Atul, with his stellar media and financial services record, is a great fit for our ambitions.”
Commenting on his appointment, Pande said, “It is an honour to be chosen by BAI to assist them in executing this year’s league. Badminton promises to be the second most monetised sport in India, and with the great talent we have been able to develop under Dr Das Gupta’s leadership, we would like to deliver a world-class league in India with the best international players. I also believe the time is right to bring significant partnerships to the sport to drive value across all levels of Badminton in India.”
A graduate of IIM Ahmedabad, Pande was also the MD of Cholamandalam DBS. He is now a keen follower and investor in the sports and entertainment sectors in India and watches the space with interest.