- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
ATP’s Chris Kermode dismisses IPTL as light entertainment
MUMBAI: The ATP’s executive chairman and president Chris Kermode is not concerned about the impact of the upcoming IPTL that is promoted by Mahesh Bhupathi. This is despite the fact that the league has got top players like Federer and Djokovic playing in it.
Addressing a press conference at the Shanghai Rolex Masters in China he said, “”There have always been exhibitions. There always will continue to be exhibitions. I think what has caused this to be an issue is the word ‘league.’ This is just a series of glorified exhibitions.
“I actually don’t have a problem with it. It’s very light entertainment. It’s no problem that players can go and play in it. They’re not going to be playing at 100 per cent.
“”The ATP put a defining period of time for the season. We have the responsibility to have a season that starts and finishes at a certain point. What players choose to do in their off-season is really a player responsibility.”