- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Asianet ropes in Vinay Sheshgiri as Kannada Prabha VP sales
MUMBAI: Asianet News Network has appointed Vinay Sheshgiri as vice president ad sales for its newspaper Kannada Prabha.
In his new role, Sheshgiri will report to Asianet News Network executive director and chief executive officer C Shyamsundar.
Commenting on his new role, Sheshgiri said, “It’s very exciting to be part of a leading news brands’ group from the south. Interestingly no other group in Karnataka has both television and print brands of news. I’m sure this gives us a strategic edge in positioning and selling our mediums.”
Prior to this role, Sheshgiri was vice president at VRL Group’s newspaper Vijayavani. He has 17 years of experience in sales, business development and key account management ares. He has worked with brands like Times Group, Airtel, VRL and Radiant Corporate Network at various levels from assistant manager to vice president.
A large part of Sheshgiri’s career was spent in media sales at Vijay Karnataka and Vijayavani, both popular Kannada newspaper brands.