- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Asian companies join hands for global film production workflow
MUMBAI: Asian companies Nippon TV, Nikkatsu and Thai entertainment conglomerate Kantana Group have established a joint venture company named Kantana Japan with the aim of developing global film production workflows.
The newly established company’s main business is to receive orders throughout Japan for computer graphics production. Moreover, the JV will leverage Kantana Group’s resources to pursue new business opportunities such as co-producing animations. With Southeast Asia as the base, the endeavour will be to develop and expand various production-related businesses.
Kantana Group owns a film and television production company and operates businesses such as post-production, TV programme production, advertising agency services, event planning, sales promotion, marketing, and educational institute management.
With subsidiaries in Indonesia, Vietnam, and Cambodia, Kantana Group is a leading entertainment group in Southeast Asia. The establishment of this joint venture is a culmination of Kantana Group’s vision to expand their presence in Japan and the rest of Asia, combined with Nikkatsu’s and Nippon TV’s strategy to develop new businesses in the areas of computer graphics and animation production.