- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Apple hires Sony Pictures Television presidents to oversee video programming
MUMBAI: Apple has announced that Jamie Erlicht and Zack Van Amburg are joining in newly created positions overseeing all aspects of video programming.
Erlicht and Van Amburg will lead video programming worldwide, reporting to Eddy Cue.
They join Apple from Sony Pictures Television where they have served as presidents since 2005, and have been responsible for shows such as ‘Breaking Bad’ and its spinoff ‘Better Call Saul’, ‘The Crown’, ‘Rescue Me’ and many more.
“Jamie and Zack are two of the most talented TV executives in the world and have been instrumental in making this the golden age of television. We have exciting plans in store for customers and can’t wait for them to bring their expertise to Apple — there is much more to come.”
“We want to bring to video what Apple has been so successful with in their other services and consumer products — unparalleled quality,” said Jamie Erlicht.
“Apple has a relentless focus on delighting customers with their products. We will bring that same intention to We will bring that same intention to Apple’s programming and we could not be more excited about what lies ahead,” said Zack Van Amburg.
Erlicht and Van Amburg have served as Sony Pictures Television presidents since 2005. Under their leadership, the studio’s slate of original primetime series more than tripled. They have expertise producing television for global audiences and creating programming for a wide range of services including shows for Amazon, Hulu and Netflix.